Long-time Carmi ballfield gets a makeover | Schools
For 51 years, Carmi-White County High School has been playing baseball at Eckerle Park. A few improvements have been made over the years, but over the weekend, the school got to show off improvements to the ballpark's infrastructure that began last year.
A new press box, dugouts, backstop and more greet fans at this year's games.
The Bulldogs celebrated in style, according to WRUL-WROY Radio, the home of the 'Dogs. Read their story here.
Upcoming Events near Southern Illinois
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Warrick Co. schools awarded thousands from lawsuit settlement
- Despite weather concerns, Boonville Christmas parade set for Sunday
- Castle to face Boonville Tuesday
- Get help with holiday blues and stress while having lunch at library
- Small Business Saturday helps local businesses keep up during holiday season