Here's what area ISP troopers were up to in March | News
Illinois State Police District 19 Commander, Captain Morrie Fraser, announced today activity and enforcement figures for the month of March. Troopers in District 19, which includes Wabash, Edwards, Wayne, White, Hamilton, Saline, and Gallatin Counties, answered 383 calls for service and initiated 1,347 incidents in the field during the month.
In addition, enforcement figures totaled 730 citations and 1,150 written warnings, including 270 speeding citations, 17 DUIs, 86 seatbelt citations, 6 child restraint citations, 310 written warnings for speeding, and 67 criminal arrests. Troopers also assisted 72 motorists, conducted 149 Motor Carrier Inspections, and investigated 42 traffic crashes. There was one fatal traffic crash, resulting in one fatality, investigated by District 19 during March.
During the month, 380 citations and 377 written warnings were issued for “Fatal Four” violations. These violations are most associated with fatal traffic crashes and include Speeding, DUI, Failure to Wear a Seatbelt, and Distracted Driving.
Upcoming Events near Southern Illinois
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- New scholarships available for Warrick County students
- Ernie Haase and Signature Sound Christmas concert Friday at CHS
- Update: Woman involved in Warrick County accident has died
- Boil water advisory issued for large area near Newburgh
- Financial planning program Wednesday evening for family members with dementia, Alzheimer’s