Woman dies when car hits tree on IL 1 | News
A Salem, Kentucky woman was killed Wednesday afternoon when her car struck a tree on Illinois Route 1 in Gallatin County.
Illinois State Police say 37-year-old Shelly Curnell was heading northbound, just north of the Gallatin-Hardin County line when, for unknown reasons, she lost control, overcorrected her steering and went off the road. Her 2005 Pontiac Bonneville struck the tree on the driver’s side door.
She died at the scene according to the Gallatin County Coroner’s Office.
Upcoming Events near Southern Illinois
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Warrick Co. schools awarded thousands from lawsuit settlement
- Despite weather concerns, Boonville Christmas parade set for Sunday
- Castle to face Boonville Tuesday
- Get help with holiday blues and stress while having lunch at library
- Small Business Saturday helps local businesses keep up during holiday season