75-year-old motorcycle rider hurt after hitting deer | News
A 75-year-old Shawneetown man was hurt Wednesday afternoon when his motorcycle struck a deer.
Illinois State Police say it happened on Illinois Route 13 in Gallatin County, about a half time west of Duncan Lane.
The preliminary traffic crash investigation indicated that Roy "Wayne" Rushing, was traveling eastbound when he hit the deer. Rushing went off the roadway and the motorcycle then overturned several times before coming to final rest.
Jones was transported to the Harrisburg Medical Center by the Gallatin County Ambulance. There's no word on the extent of his injuries.
C & T Towing of Shawneetown removed the vehicle from the scene.
The Illinois State Police were assisted on scene by the Gallatin County Sheriff's Department, the Shawneetown Police Department, the Ridgway Police Department, and the Gallatin County Ambulance responded to the crash scene.
Upcoming Events near Southern Illinois
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Warrick Co. schools awarded thousands from lawsuit settlement
- Despite weather concerns, Boonville Christmas parade set for Sunday
- Castle to face Boonville Tuesday
- Get help with holiday blues and stress while having lunch at library
- Small Business Saturday helps local businesses keep up during holiday season