Mt. Carmel teen's wild ride in church van ends in cornfield crash | News
A Mt. Carmel teenager was arrested early Sunday morning after stealing and crashing a van belonging to a local church.
The Mt. Carmel Register reports 18-year-old Dakoda B. Grimes went off Wabash 18 Avenue and rolled the van, which belonged to Mt. Carmel Evangelical United Methodist Church. He wound up in a cornfield just south of Allendale.
WRUL Radio reported Grimes told law enforcement officers he found the keys after entering the church.
He crashed after reaching speeds of nearly 100 miles per hour.
Grimes is facing burglary, theft and DUI charges.
Upcoming Events near Southern Illinois
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Warrick Co. schools awarded thousands from lawsuit settlement
- Despite weather concerns, Boonville Christmas parade set for Sunday
- Castle to face Boonville Tuesday
- Get help with holiday blues and stress while having lunch at library
- Small Business Saturday helps local businesses keep up during holiday season