Man killed in Wayne County wreck | News
A Carbondale man was killed Tuesday night when his Jeep went off the road and struck a culvert in Wayne County.
Illinois State Police say 37-year-old Kevin L. Kimmel was traveling west on Illinois Route 161, just east of Wayne County Road 465E when, for unknown reasons, the vehicle went off the road, into a ditch, struck the culvert and rolled onto the driver’s side. Kimmel was thrown from the Jeep and died at the scene according to Wayne County Coroner Jimmy Taylor.
Upcoming Events near Southern Illinois
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Warrick Co. schools awarded thousands from lawsuit settlement
- Despite weather concerns, Boonville Christmas parade set for Sunday
- Castle to face Boonville Tuesday
- Get help with holiday blues and stress while having lunch at library
- Small Business Saturday helps local businesses keep up during holiday season